Straddling two continents across the mighty Bosphorous, Istanbul is the city where east meets west. With Istanbul Food Walks, our experienced and passionate guides will take you to the best and often hidden secrets and culinary tresaures of Istanbul. You’ll see amazing little streets, savour new flavours, feel confident with the street food, discover hidden gems, marvel at unforgettable historical sights and be introduced to the Istanbul not normally found on the tourist trail or guidebooks. Our stops have been carefully selected not only for the quality of food but also for their history and significance in Istanbul. Our food walks are perfect for the traveller, the adventurer, the foodie or the photographer. As our groups are small you can relax and feel like you are exploring amazing Istanbul with a generous & knowledgable friend.
- Our Food Walks start at 10am and finish at 3.00pm approximately.
- We keep our groups small and intimate to a maximum of 6 adults.
- Our Food Walks start with a Turkish Breakfast so try to eat lightly before your arrive.
- Our Food Walks do not operate on Sundays as many of the food gems are closed.
- Our Food Walks are in English and/or Turkish
- Our Food Walks cost 95 Euros Adults, 45 Euros Children (7-12 years) and under 7’s are free.
- The price includes all transport and food & beverage costs.
- Alcohol is not included in the food walk and those with nut allergies cannot be accommodated.
- Our food walks include some street food, eaten on your feet, with your hands, like locals.
- We accept payment online in Euro Currency Converter
- We require at least two people to run a Food Walk.
- Our Food Walks do not include ‘commission based’ shopping stops.
You can arrange a private tour or get us to design one specially for you and your group.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
To arrange a tour please go to our Contact section
Two Continents Food Walk
Two Continents Food Walk begins on the European side where you will sample a classic turkish breakfast in a local tea shop. Come hungry! After crossing Galata Bridge on the Golden Horn, we visit an ancient secluded Han, taste the famous Istanbul Fish Sandwich, meander through the fish market and board the local ferry from Karakoy Harbour and cross the mighty Bosphorous to the Asian Shores at Kadikoy. Here you will get to taste the freshest, the most authentic, the weirdest and the most delicious of what Istanbul has to offer including deserts, mezze and tantuni. We explore the backstreets and markets of Kadikoy, learn something of the fascinating history and culture of Turkey and enjoy the best Turkish Coffee before returning to Europe just after 3pm.
Backstreets of Historic Istanbul Food Walk
Backstreets of Historic Istanbul Food Walk begins at the famous The Spice Bazar after which you will sample a classic turkish breakfast in a local tea shop. We continue by exploring the bustling backstreets seeing, smelling and tasting what makes Istanbul amazing. If the group wishes we can visit Rustem Pasha Mosque famous for its exquisite blue Iznik Tiles. We know that a visit to Istanbul would not be complete without tasting the famous Turkish Kebab, Pistachio Baklava Kokorec and of course our street food and we know where the best are. Learning about the gentle art of making and drinking Turkish Coffee is, of course included. This tour is packed with tastings, stories and hidden gems before finishing tired but happy in Vefa Bozacisi beside the historic Istanbul aqueduct just after 3pm.